Sunday, June 14, 2015

All You Need is Love.....

"And regardless of what else you put on, wear love.  It's your basic, all-purpose garment.
  Never be without it."  (Msg)


Or so John Lennon says.  But the love the apostle Paul is referring to in Colossians is also the type needed to serve those in need, those considered "the least of these". ("The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40)

Let me be clear - I am no Bible scholar.  So don't comment back to me with a long commentary on the meaning of Colossians because it will be a one-sided discussion.  But this particular passage is perfect.  Simple.  Wear love and serving the least of these becomes much easier.

Of course I could author separate blogs on the topics of poverty, hunger and homelessness.  There are so many without a permanent place to call home or consistent access to food that it boggles the mind.  It's a special interest of mine so from time to time I will be posting information about these topics as well as great organizations that serve them.


No comments:

Post a Comment